Estate Planning | Savannah, GA
“Do I really need a will or a trust? Does the idea of an estate or legacy apply to me?”
At Stone & Sullivan, LLC, we believe that these end-of-life decisions apply to just about everyone.
Anyone who cares about the people closest to them does well to consider an estate plan because they want to Protect Loved ones & Assets Now– what we call a P.L.A.N.™
An estate plan is a collection of documents that direct your loved ones in managing your affairs once you are unable to do so due to death, incapacity, or disability. By communicating your needs, expectations and instructions, you make it easier for your loved ones to follow your intentions.
- Your P.L.A.N.™ will answer the following questions, and more:
- Who makes decisions for me if, due to disability or incapacity, I am unable to make decisions for myself?
- To whom do I want to make gifts? What types of gifts should I give and when do I want to do so?
- Who should know where I keep my important papers and records? Can that person access those papers and records?
- Who will care for my minor children? How will that person afford to feed, house, clothe, and educate them?
- How will my spouse will be cared for?
- Have I named my preferred person or persons to inherit assets that pass on to them as beneficiaries?
- Do I want to transfer wealth across generations?
We take the time and care, after evaluating your responses to each question (and many others), to develop an individualized P.L.A.N.™ that matches your desires. If you are young and single, you might only need a simple will plus a few financial and health-care related documents. If you have children, you may need a more complex will that names a guardian and provides instructions for caring for and supporting your children. Others might need a trust to control for tax, management, and distribution issues depending on their goals for and the size of their estate.
The attorneys at Stone & Sullivan, LLC create estates of all sizes and scopes for individuals at all stages of their lives, according to our belief that having a P.L.A.N.™ is wise for every person.
If you have an existing plan, whether it’s a will or a trust, you have already given your loved ones an invaluable gift. Be sure to review it periodically. An estate plan is a living document that should be revised and amended as your wishes and assets change over time.
Stone & Sullivan, LLC provides the following estate planning services:
- Advanced Health Care Directives
- College Protection Plans
- Family Limited Partnerships
- HIPAA Release
- Power of Attorney
- Trust Funding
Tricia is an amazing mediator! She was willing to stay all night to successfully resolve my case. Her caring personality, experience as a juvenile court judge and willingness to tell me straight enabled me to avoid a nasty court battle. Saved me money, time and a lot of stress! I am grateful!